- 50 ml or 1/4 cup Butter or margarine
- 75 ml or 1/3 cup Packed brown sugar
- 75 ml or 1/3 cup Golden corn syrup
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp Liquid honey
- 1 L or 4 cups Rice Krispies* Brown Rice Gluten Free cereal
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup Toasted chopped walnuts
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup Toasted slivered almonds
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup Dried cranberries
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup Sesame seeds
1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and honey. Bring to boil; boil 1 minute, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat.
2. Immediately stir in cereal, walnuts, almonds, cranberries, and sesame seeds until well combined.
3. Spread in 33 x 23 cm (13 x 9-inch) baking pan that has been lined with foil and lightly greased. Press firmly using greased hands. Let cool.
4. Cut into three parts along longer side of pan, then each part into 5 bars. Store in tightly covered container.
Variations: Use any chopped dried fruit in place of raisins and any nuts.
† Since product formulation vary from one brand to another, be sure to always read the ingredient listings to be sure that the brands you selected are gluten free.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s* products. Results with other products may vary.