Thanks to everyone following my tumblr and sharing recipes! I am so happy we can swap gluten free recipe ideas together, enjoy and eat well!
Too funny not to share :)
These are so great.
edibles on a nice, beachy day. thumbs up
Recipe: Glazed Apple Squares gluten free & vegetarian delicious treat! Find similar recipes in the box:
Glazed Apple Squares
- 500 ml or 2 cups Rice Krispies* Brown Rice Gluten Free cereal crushed to fine crumbs
- 250 ml or 1 cup Rice flour
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup Toasted pecans, finely ground
- 150 ml or 2/3 cup Butter
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup Milk
- 175 ml or 3/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp Corn starch
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 0.5 ml or 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- 1.25 L or 5 cups Sliced, peeled cooking apples (about 750 g /1 1/2 lbs)
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 250 ml or 1 cup Icing sugar
- 20 ml or 4 tsp Warm water
1. In medium bowl, mix together crushed cereal, flour, ground pecans and salt. Using pastry blender, cut in butter until resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk; stir until mixture is moistened. Pat about half of dough in bottom and slightly up sides of 23 cm (9-inch) square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
2. In small bowl, mix togehter sugar, corn starch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Toss with sliced apples in large bowl. Spoon apples into crust. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
3. Roll out remaining dough on lightly floured surface to fit pan. Place over apples (Don’t worry if it cracks). Prick crust with fork in several places. Bake at 190°C (375°F) about 40 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden.
4. In small bowl, mix together icing sugar and warm water until smooth. Drizzle glaze over crust while still warm. Cut into squares and serve warm or cooled.
† Since product formulation vary from one brand to another, be sure to always read the ingredient listings to be sure that the brands you selected are gluten free.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s* products. Results with other products may vary.
®, ™, © 2012 Kellogg NA Co. Kellogg Kitchens® recipes are the property of the Kellogg Company.